Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween 2010

This year for Halloween, I am Batman.

I actually couldn’t find a costume so I pillaged the ancient Halloween bins in my parent’s attic and found the old-school batman getup my brother had worn two decades ago. The blue felt was in poor shape, but it would suit my pub-crawl costume needs (absent the original grey unitard- I do not have the physique of a 6yr old boy).  


Here's an excerpt from the evening: 


The other question people would ask me a lot was where Robin was. I told them he was with Morgan Freeman, making me a new car. 


The pub crawl was a lot of fun though. I went with a Bootie Call, Shakira, and David Bowie and the whole thing was a community awareness event for the near east side. We went to 5 dive bars, and let me tell you, the locals loved us. Or rather, some of them did and some of them grudgingly bore our presence until we skipped off onto the next bar. Batman did not have to buy all of her drinks that evening, but a lot of that generosity ceased when she couldn't stop referring to herself in the third person. And also when she discovered one of her would be suiters already had a sidekick. Wah-wah. Another misadventure in singletown for ktb. Really, the absurdity in this area of my life has been on a roll lately, I'm nearly never surprised anymore. 


I just found out I'll likely be suiting up again this Saturday for haunted Putt Putt. I don't do well with haunted things, so hopefully Batman won't pee her pants. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment